About Lion of Senet:
On the world of Ranadon there is no night and both suns shine brightly. The intervention of Belagren, High Priestess of the Shadowdancers, and the sacrifice of a child of royal blood, has banished the Age of Shadows from the skies. Belagren′s power is unquestioned... until circumstances begin to tip political rivalries into a deadlier game altogether.
When a volcanic eruption rocks the seas separating the Kingdom of Dhevyn and the mainland Kingdom of Senet, a mysterious sailer is shipwrecked on the island of Elcast. The badly wounded sailor is not what he seems and his arrival stirs up old hatreds and unravels old secrets. His presence brings Antonov, the powerful Lion of Senet, to Elcast and he takes the Duke′s talented second son, Dirk, back to Senet...
A strong friendship begins to develop between Dirk, Kirshov Latanya, second son of the Lion of Senet, and Alenor D′Orlon - heir to the throne of rebellious Dhevyn. But will they survive the chain of events set in motion by the separate ambitions of Antonov and Belagren?
Questions for discussion:
1. Johan Thorn chooses exile over continuing the fight for his country′s freedom. Why did he do this?
2. Belagren has made the world believe that the Goddess told her how to banish the Age of Shadows. What would be the ramifications to her and the Shadowdancers if the Age of Shadows returned without any warning?
3. Belagren is High Priestess of her own cult, but she remains under the umbrella of the Church of the Sun. Why not set up the cult independent of the Church? What are the advantages/disadvantages of remaining as a part of the Church?
4. How would you go about proving that Belagren is lying?
5. What would Antonov′s reaction be if he ever discovered Belagren had lied to him?
6. Why do you think Morna chose to remain on Elcast after the war?
7. Could Dirk have found another way to solve the dilemma he faced when Antonov ordered him to kill Tia?
8. Faced with the same choice, what would you have done?
9. Who is right and who is wrong? The freedom fighters in Mil who traffic in drugs or Antonov who imposes his religion, taxes and laws on a neighbouring nation?
10. Antonov believes that everything he has done had been for his Goddess. Does this make him evil or a good and devout man?
About Jennifer Fallon